Eco-human Rights and Social Justice Organization is a pioneer nonprofit organization was started in May 2018 as a little team and it was first registered on 28th June 2019. Prior to the registration, the ERSJ organization conducted several awareness programs to the community in the Polonnaruwa district. It operates in the area of Polonnaruwa, Trincomalee, Batticaloa and Ampara district in Sri Lanka. The two main aims of its establishment are to defending and advancing the human rights obligations relation to the safe, healthy & ecologically balanced environment including in the context of sustainable development and encouraging equal rights (social, economic, political), equal opportunities and equal treatments to eliminate regional, ethnic, economic, social and gender inequality and discrimination.
Who We Are
We Provide Worldwide Charity Service Since 2018
Environmental protection and human rights were viewed as separate areas by most governmental and non-governmental organizations. Apart from that traditional view, ERSJ organization identified the gratification of all human rights intimately connected to the environmental issues and the environment as a pre-requisite for the enjoyment of human rights. Also, ERSJ organization was identified having more equality and diversity in a society is good for society because it promotes opportunity, growth and social well-being. ERSJ organization was realized having equal rights, equal opportunities and equal treatments without any discrimination most important for social change.
ERSJ organization comprises a group of young professionals in several fields from different ethnic groups and religions, represent different districts of the country. Also, this organization consists of National and International level Resource persons in practical experience relevant to the developing materials in environmental human rights and social justice.
The organization has experience and expertise working as a team in theoretical as well as practical aspects in diverse fields in eco-human rights and social justice development such as health development, clean energy development, eco- friendly innovation and infrastructure development, climate action development, sustainable development, curriculum development, psychosocial, Youth Development, Business Development, Counseling, Drug demand reduction, Nutrition, Gender-based violence, justice, Peace, Reconciliation, legal aid, poverty reduction and Community development, educational development and Personality development, with experience in designing and implementing very creative and effective behavioral change social marketing campaigns.
We have a VISION of an Inclusive society without exploitation based on the principles age, sex, disability, race, ethnicity, origin, religion, economic or other.
Our Mission is to achieve Ecohuman Rights & Social Justice through the development of families and individuals while increasing their social capital and humanity.
How can YOU help?
Charity For Education
Charity For Health
Charity For Food
What We Do
ERSJ seeks to contribute to the realization of Sri Lankan people’s and worldwide people’s right to Good governance, participatory Democracy, good living and Justice by strengthening regional response, including regional instruments, Monitoring Human Rights Violations, Reviewing Laws, engaging development issues, poverty issues, Policies and Practices that have an adverse impact on Human Rights and conducting researches, campaigns, and programs on issues of major concern in provinces.
ERSJ’s basic policy is to identify the gaps in regional initiatives and undertake activities which do not duplicate the work carried out by other regional or national NGOs.Its strength and legitimacy come from its democratic structure and board-based membership of recognized Human Rights defenders in provinces.
Aims and Objectives
- The Aims & Objectives to be shared and to be achieved through this platform are as follows.
- To provide the opportunity for the citizen of Sri Lanka and worldwide to move forward in every step of life in the favor of Social Justice, Humanity and Dignity.
- To stop and prevent Human trafficking and slavery by increasing law enforcement-capacity and public awareness.
- The thirst of youth and the fact that every citizen of Sri Lanka and worldwide, are lacking awareness, education, Infrastructure, Economic Opportunity, Good Governance and basic health facilities that are some of the contributing factors towards political integration and social change. Therefore people of Sri Lanka need to come together with Ecohuman Rights and Social Justice.
- To work for ensuring that basic Human Rights, Social Justice, and Civil Liberties are respected everywhere.
- To bring diplomatic and commercial pressure on regimes that violates Human Rights, Social Justice, and Civil Liberties, to ensure that they respect the basic rights of Sri Lanka citizens.
- To train the young men and women for facing the challenges of the pluralistic society and the rising conflicts and tension in the name of particular loyalties to Caste, Religion, Region, Colour, and Culture.
- To promote & educate Equality as well as Equity, International Integration, Brotherhood, Non-Violence, Love, Peace, Justice, Protection and Promotion of Human Rights, Social Justice and Civil Liberties.
- To make efforts for the restoration of extra curriculum activities, sports and to create and foster community sense.
- To facilitate Sri Lankan’s, especially the rural communities, with the utilization of such resources.
- Contribute to social inclusion and cohesion and fight to combat situations of marginalization and social discrimination.
Become A Volunteer
increase access to food, grow local sio economies, and help kids.